Location and Contact Information
Mon-Fri, flexible hours
1717 W. 10th St.
Austin, Texas 78703
ECI focuses on family, respects the rights of parents and provides services within the family’s natural, everyday routines and environments. When a child qualifies for services, a team of early intervention service professionals and the child's parent or legal guardian develops an Individualized Family Service Plan. Services may include speech, physical and occupational therapy, developmental services, nutrition and audiological services.
Who is Eligible?
Children from birth to 36 months who:
- Have a medically diagnosed physical condition that has a high probability of resulting in developmental delay and who have a documented need for early intervention services
- Have a developmental delay
- Exhibit qualitative developmental delay
- Reside in IPP-ECI service area (click here for more information)
What to Expect
- Following a referral, expect a contact from a case manager to make an appointment for registration, screening and evaluation (no cost). Family and child rights will be explained at the first face-to-face contact.
- If your child is eligible for services an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) will be developed.
- A Family Cost Share will be determined. Private insurance, monthly billing, Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) are possible payment sources. Children who are eligible to receive services through the local education agency due to auditory or vision impairment will have no Family Cost Share.
- Services are delivered in the child's natural environment, such as the child's home, daycare, or community setting.
- There is no wait list. Eligibility is established within 45 days from referral.