To start application, please read and initial the empty box below, then click submit to continue.
The names of all Austin Travis County Integral Care (ATCIC) prospective employees are cleared through a pre-employment criminal history and registry clearance. The clearance will search data from the Texas Department of Public Safety, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Inspector General (OIG) List of Excluded Individuals, the Texas Department of Human Services Nurse Aide Registry and Employee Misconduct Registry, and the Texas Department of State Health Services Client Abuse and Neglect Reporting System. Additionally, a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) fingerprint clearance is conducted for those applicants who have resided outside the state of Texas within the past two years of application. A conviction for any of the offenses listed below is a bar to employment with ATCIC:
- Criminal homicide (Penal Code, Chapter 19);
- Kidnapping and unlawful restraint (Penal Code, Chapter 20);
- Indecency with a child (Penal Code, §21.11) or continuous sexual abuse of young child or children (Penal Code, §21.02);
- Sexual assault (Penal Code, §22.011);
- Aggravated assault (Penal Code, §22.02);
- Injury to a child, elderly individual, or disabled individual (Penal Code, §22.04);
- Abandoning or endangering a child (Penal Code, §22.041);
- Aiding suicide (Penal Code, §22.08),
- Agreement to abduct from custody (Penal Code, §25.031);
- Sale or purchase of a child (Penal Code, §25.08);
- Arson (Penal Code, §28.02);
- Robbery (Penal Code, §29.02);
- Aggravated robbery (Penal Code, §29.03);
- Indecent exposure (Penal Code, §21.08);
- Improper relationship between educator and student (Penal Code, §21.12);
- Improper photography or visual recording (Penal Code, §21.15);
- Deadly conduct (Penal Code, §22.05);
- Aggravated sexual assault (Penal Code, §22.021);
- Terrorist threat (Penal Code, §22.07);
- Online solicitation of a minor (Penal Code, §33.021);
- Money laundering (Penal Code, §34.02);
- Medicaid fraud (Penal Code, §35A.02);
- Cruelty to animals (Penal Code, §42.09); or
- A conviction under the laws of another state, federal law, or the Uniform Code of Military Justice for an offense containing elements that are substantially similar to the elements of an offense listed under this paragraph; and
- A conviction of any of the following offenses during the five years before proposed employment or volunteer status:
- Assault that is punishable as a Class A misdemeanor or as a felony (Penal Code, §22.01);
- Burglary (Penal Code, §30.02);
- Theft that is punishable as a felony (Penal Code, Chapter 31);
- Misapplication of fiduciary property or property of a financial institution that is punishable as a Class A misdemeanor or felony (Penal Code, §32.45);
- Securing execution of a document by deception that is punishable as a Class A misdemeanor or a felony (Penal Code, §32.46);
- False identification as a peace officer (Penal Code, §37.12); or
- disorderly conduct (Penal Code, §42.01(a)(7), (8), or (9)).
In addition, convictions of other types of criminal offenses may be considered a contraindication to employment with ATCIC, at ATCIC’s discretion.
ATCIC will not hire any applicant who is listed as revoked in the Nurse Aide Registry or as unemployable in the Employee Misconduct Registry, or who has a confirmed allegation in the Client Abuse and Neglect Reporting System. Applicants being considered for hire in ATCIC’s Behavioral Health Division and applicants being considered for hire into positions requiring eligibility for ATCIC’s driving insurance will be required to participate in ATCIC’s Controlled Substance Testing Program. Employment will be contingent upon the results. Applicants for employment in positions requiring a license, certification, and/or educational attainment beyond the high school level will be required to provide the original license, certification, or educational transcript prior to being approved for hire. Note: A fully completed ATCIC application is required for consideration of employment. A resume may be included with an application, but will not be accepted in lieu of an application. Only applicants who are interviewed will receive written notification of application results.
No applicant will be employed if the application is falsified in any way. Falsification of the application for employment is grounds for dismissal, if employed.